Winter is here and so is the dry skin. But you can avoid the worse by following simple tips.
- Do not wash your skin more than twice a day.
- Don’t use soaps. Use mild cleanser specific for dry skin or you can be natural by using almond or olive oil. Spread it on the skin with the help of fingers gently and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Avoid taking hot baths and showers. Use lukewarm water. Pour a few drops of olive oil while taking bath. You can also massage your skin with oil or moisturizing lotion right after taking a bath. Moisturizer will work as a barrier and seal the water in the skin.
- Exfoliate your skin with a mild scrub so that moisture can enter the pores.
Diet For Dry Skin
- Too much caffeine will dry you out so be moderate while consuming tea, coffee, chocolates etc.
- Include vegetables, fruits and nuts in your diet. They will provide essential nutrients and oils to keep your skin healthy and moist in dry winter.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Eat foods rich in sulfur like garlic, onion and eggs.
- Stay away from overheated rooms and protect yourself from sun and wind. Use sunscreen if you cannot avoid exposing your skin to sun.
- Avoid fried foods, sugar, potato chips, junk food and alcohol.
- Don’t smoke.